There are multiple reasons why I want to become a teacher, but what really sparked my determination to pursue teaching was based on the fact that I knew it was the last thing anyone would ever expect of me.
I struggled a lot academically all through out my school years, but in high school there were a few teacher's that began helping me with my schoolwork outside of class and took the time to invest in me. Knowing that my teacher's believed in me and wanted to see me succeed gave me the motivation and confidence to become a better student. It is because of these specific teacher's that helped me and told me not to believe what other's said about me that I have succeeded this far, and now it is my passion to do that for future generations.
Technology is a great resource to have in the classroom and I am excited to learn how to use it better! Students these days are becoming more and more tech savvy, and I think that incorporating something they relate so well to in the classroom will get them more excited about learning. Having technology speeds up the learning process as information is so readily available which is another bonus to both students and teachers alike.
I know that you wrote this a long time ago, and probably don't expect anybody to comment on it at this point, but your post really struck home for me. You say that the reason you want to become a teacher is because of the inspiring teachers that you had. Well, it's the exact opposite for me. I haven't had very many exceptional teachers in my school experience, and this has forced me to want to pursue teaching. I can't stand to think that students everywhere have to deal with lousy teachers, and I want to make a difference. I think it's kind of ironic how the same passion for somethnig can come from two completely opposite experiences.
ReplyDelete