After reading this article, I understand better what Bloom's Taxonomy is, how it holds our education system to a higher standard, and how it encourages the use of technology in the classroom. I just recently learned about coding and the importance of internet literacy in order to create websites. I automatically thought of technology and understanding how it works while looking through the 6 categories of Bloom's Taxonomy, most specifically "Analysis." The definition for analysis from this website is that it
"refers to the ability to break down material into its component parts so that its organizational structure may be understood. This may include the identification of the parts, analysis of the relationships between parts, and recognition of the organizational principles involved. Learning outcomes here represent a higher intellectual level than comprehension and application because they require an understanding of both the content and the structural form of the material."
I think that it's important for students to know how to analyze the technology that they use and become comfortable with using that part of their brain. Understanding the components of technology, how to use and build it, works the problem solving part of student's brains which is what the "Analyze" section Bloom's Taxonomy is all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment