Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Reflection 6
I remember in high school when I would have to collect data and draw it in pie charts or bar graphs. This was mostly used for math and science but sometimes with history as well, and I always thought it was boring and confusing. I read an article called "10 Fascinating Data Visualization Projects" and expected it to reflect something similar to what I had done in high school.....not even close!! I was honestly amazed at the amount of really interesting information I found, and the awesome visual effects. I am now searching where and how I can make these different types of graphs because of how effective they are. I have never been excited about data collecting until now, which is making me realize that if we are using technology correctly how much of a difference it can make in our future students lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As I was reading your reflection, I reflected on something interesting that you said right at the bottom of your paragraph. You said you had never been excited about data collecting until after you had checked out the article "10 Fascinating Data Visualization Projects". I too have realized that the more I use technology to advance myself in an area I do not necessarily enjoy or excel in, I become intrigued at how much more enjoyable the experience becomes for me. As teachers we need to understand that our kids are feeling similarly when dealing with areas they do not particularly enjoy.
ReplyDelete