Monday, March 4, 2013
Reflection 4
Recently a friend and I watched a Youtube video about "coding." This was the first time I had ever realized that I could potentially learn how to create websites and apps. I was really interested in this so I began to research the topic, when I came across an article called "Kids Code the Darndest Things." This Article features several videos of young kids who have created apps, video games and websites. I was honestly blown away when I began watching these videos. These kids were standing in front of audiences speaking publicly about their passions for technology, the ways they got creative and how exactly they got involved. Their public speaking was far better than mine was even in high school, and the amount of knowledge and creativity was outstanding. The fact that they are able to think up such creative designs in their heads and transfer it onto a computer or some other form of technology is truly amazing. I think we need to encourage students to branch out and use technology to advance their creativity levels. This article has changed my perspective on technology and has made me realize why it is so essential that we use it to further our students education. Technology takes students' potentials to an entirely new level as it provides limitless creativity for them to explore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment