Monday, March 4, 2013

Twitter in the Classroom (Reflection 1)

I had never though about using twitter in the classroom until I stumbled across this website. The article discusses several different ways that twitter can be used as a benefit to the class for example, classroom development. In order to have a healthy classroom I think it is important for students to know each other on a personal level and having twitter aids that. Not only will students be more comfortable in class and sharing information with each other, they are exposed to multiple cultures and ways of life through learning who others are outside of the classroom. As far as a more educational purpose, Twitter can be used as a tool to connect students to their teachers outside of class, and because twitter is usually linked to a phone, feedback is more prompt than emails.
There are many other examples of ways that Twitter can be used to further education inside of the classroom and I really recommend people to click on the link above! It is interesting to see that social media is not just the distraction from class that many people think it is, it can also be used to promote learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment