Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Generation IM


"Generation IM" was a great insight into how prevalent technology is in today's society. Teens spend an average of 6.5 hours a day using  media, and even children between the ages of 0-6 are exposed at least two hours a day. Reading this article reminded me that kids these days are growing up in an environment that is almost completely reliant on technology to function. Whether or not it is good or bad doesn't matter because it is happening whether we like it or not. I was reminded how much information there is available, and how the advancement of technology has allowed children to begin to explore and create. Technology allows children to be limitless in their inventions and broadens the horizons of their minds when it comes to creation. I would use was I have learned from reading this article in a science lesson by having my students blog about what they learned in class and what questions they might still have. I might even post pod casts of that days lessons that would allow students to go back and hear again what was said during class. This would help them to recall what they are supposed to know and help with memory and further understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment