I just read an article about several different uses of technology in the classroom. One particular tool I learned about is called ThingLink which creates interactive images. Once an image is uploaded, students are able to pin other things such as videos or SoundCloud links to the image. ThinkLink caTn be used to draw diagrams and label images such as cells or maps.
There are several other tools that this article talks about that are very creative when it comes to using technology in the classroom. I highly recommend reading it!!
I took a look at ThingLink and found it really fascinating. I can see myself using this for my own benefit as well as in the classroom. It's a neat way to track research. I could see myself ending up on a bunch of different websites based on one picture, and this site gives you a place to house all of that information.
ReplyDeleteThis would be a cool way to get students to track their research. Citing sources wouldn't be a problem if they have them all in one spot. Thanks for finding a new tool!
I love this idea. It reminds me of how Microsoft has used a similar idea to ThinkLink for their browser's image. They have a picture that has different points to also run your mouse over for additional facts or links. I never knew there was a program that we could also use this in our teaching. It seems that this would be best on a classroom website or communal computer.
ReplyDelete