Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Word, Excel, and PowerPoint

I use Word on a daily basis, PowerPoint on a weekly basis, and Excel on occasion. Being an Education/English major, I am constantly using Word to write essay, create agendas etc. I use PowerPoint both for giving presentations but also for getting information from my teachers. Both of these are essential in my education. I used Excel less frequently but find it helpful when I need to make lists or create budgets and things. It is a great way to get organized! I would have my students use these three tools for the following projects: 1. Word would be used for writing and revising essays given in class. 2. PowerPoint would be used to create a presentation based on a specific topic given out in class. 3. Excel could be used in a Science Class to help organize data.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole,

    I am right along side with you. I use Word everyday to write papers and for homework. I think that college students get the most use out of Microsoft Word because it is so easy to navigate and to use. I really wish I knew how to use Excel better or maybe have reasons to use it. I think certain majors use certain technologies and Education Majors definitely use Microsoft Word the most.

    Thanks for sharing:)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with Erin, I wish I knew how to use Excel better. It is just so much more complex than Word or PowerPoint. When i was in my intro to Stats class, we used Excel a lot, but it was so difficult to follow along because there is just so many things on it that can confuse someone.

    ReplyDelete